To use a photoshop drawing tablet to its full potential, it is imperative that you invest in the right styluses. Previously, we have been talking about the advantages a stylus offers, however, in this blog, we will solely focus on the different types of stylus that are available in the market.
Types of Stylus
As an amateur, you might think that any stylus would do, but as you gain experience, you understand that you need to choose a stylus that compliments your digital art, fits to perfection in your hand, and you have fallen in love with it.
The reinvention and resurfacing of the modern stylus pen resulted in three main categories of styluses that are available in the market.
We use these capacitive styles with a capacitive touch screen. This type of touch screen uses an electrostatic field that registers contact after the conductor destroys the field. So, basically, a capacitive stylus replicates the functionality of your fingertips when they come in contact with the screen.
Instead of your fingers, the stylus is causing the electrostatic field disruption, thus resulting in image, text, or whatever you are trying to do on the touch screen of the tablet.
Advantages of Capacitive Stylus
- The capacitive stylus does not have any compatibility issues they work well with any touch-screen device.
- In order to enjoy the full functionality of a capacitive stylus, there is no need to power it with a battery.
- They are extremely affordable and budget-friendly,
- You also have the option of making a customized capacitive stylus. Add functionalities that you want and remove features that you do not like!
Disadvantages of Capacitive Stylus
- One of the major disadvantages of a capacitive stylus for a photoshop drawing tablet is that it lacks pressure sensitivity. You are not able to define the thickness, and opacity of the line by applying and reducing pressure.
- There is no additional functionality that the pen has to offer.
- It does not have the ability to differentiate the hand from the stylus.
Veikk P02 Pen
This is perhaps the most appropriate stylus for all graphic tablets. The pen comes with a 60-degree tilt, thus offering greater flexibility to the user. It also comes with pressure-sensing technology, and its design ensures accuracy.
The pen is famous for delivering the most supreme natural input and is extremely useful for creating digital art that would stand out.
Advantages of Veikk P02 Pen
One of the major advantages the stylus offers is that it is a battery-free, passive stylus. Thus, you do not have to worry about recharging or changing batteries every now and then.
It offers 8192 levels of pressure sensitivity. This is something very important to ensure a precise and comprehensive drawing.
The pen also comes with an impressive 290 PPS report rate.
The two customized buttons on the pen offer great feasibility and functionality. By default, the first button performs the functionality of the right mouse click and the second button is for erasing or pen. Of course, you can customize it to your liking.
Disadvantages of Veikk P02 Pen
- Might require drivers
- Offers limited compatibility
If you are looking for a technological advance stylus, then we recommend the Bluetooth stylus. This stylus is the best that you can find in the market. The stylus uses wireless information transmission in order to register contact instead of using the conventional method of “Touch” for communication.
Although the basic functionality of a Bluetooth stylus is familiar to that of a capacitive stylus, these sophisticated and modern styluses are able to offer better features. They offer flexibility, and feasibility for creative users to enhance and improve their drawings.
Advantages of Bluetooth Stylus
- All Bluetooth stylus offers pressure sensitivity detection. It means you have complete control over the line size, opacity, and other drawing features.
- They enable pam rejection
- The Bluetooth stylus offers wide compatibility options. In order words, you can use them with any device that supports Bluetooth Technology.
- Most Bluetooth stylus comes with a number of shortcut buttons to make the drawing process easy and convenient for you.
Disadvantages of Bluetooth Stylus
- Price is the issue with Bluetooth Stylus, they are expensive. Therefore, you need to conduct proper research before buying one.
- It is imperative to pair your photoshop drawing tablet and the Bluetooth stylus to enjoy its full functionality.
- It requires battery power. So, to ensure that you never run out of battery, keep a spare battery in your backpack.
- Sometimes, these styluses are not compatible with certain apps. So, check before you invest in one whether or not, the stylus is compatible with the apps that you would be using.